Friday 30 April 2010

Trucky Ducky

I found out today why the ducks have been on the non-river side of the road lately. When Basil and I got there this morning, a logging truck was pulled up (engine still running) and the truckie was out feeding the ducks bits of bread.

When we got back from that walk I went out into the back yard to check on Basil's progress with his excavations. The hole he got the Christmas antlers out of is bigger, but there's no sign of anything untoward in there thank goodness. I took the opportunity to carry on with my anti-thistle war. I think I'm finally winning that as there don't appear to be any more outbreaks, so now it's just a matter of me having time to pull up all the current crop. At least until next spring, but lets not think about that for now.

I pulled a muscle in the run portion of my last walk today. Guess I'll have a rest day tomorrow and hope one day's enough to get me back on my feet for the walks. I don't want to take too long off as I've been losing weight and gaining fitness quite well of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment