Wednesday 14 April 2010

The Editorial Team Grows

I asked my friend from Sydney today if he and his wife (with whom I've been friends even longer than he) would be willing to join my pre-editorial crew. He said yes for himself and a most likely on behalf of his wife. I sent of a copy of Dream Stealers (with revised ending and a new title 'Dream a Little Dream' trust me, you'd understand if you read the new ending.) I'll send them the latest on the current work in progress on the morrow. I fell better about the project than I have in a while. With my editorial staff on hand, I have implied deadlines and expected work loads.

Had a lovely chat with the neighbours from over the back fence today. They proudly showed off the chook motel, a gargantuan free range chicken enclosure they've built to safely house their flock of over thirty chickens. We traded apples, some of our granny smiths for some of their red ones and a couple of their quinces. It seems they're very fond of watching Basil as he prances about our back paddock watching the sheep in the yard next to us. They can see his tail dancing around like a flag in the breeze.

I should be finished with the downloads of the Dante lectures tomorrow, so I'll start on them. I'm a little nervous I'll find the lecturers waffling style too irritating based on the intro I listened to, but maybe he'll settle down when he's actually discussing the text... I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment