Tuesday 13 April 2010

Animal Demands

As it gets colder, the whole family (the wife, 2 cats and dog) are getting grumpier and or more demanding. Paula sleeps till almost midday, then takes another nap in the afternoon, heaven help anyone who disturbs her. She makes fun of me saying it's cold, but I think it's her who's really feeling it. Basil insists on being taken for his river walk earlier and earlier in the day and wont stop chewing me throughout the rest of the day. Yes, I said chewing me. He uses a toy of his, or his blanky and comes over to me chewing it. He deliberately chews it on top of me so as to "accidentally" miss and chew me instead. It drivers me nuts. I'm not a dog person, and he's not doing anything to endear the species to me with this rough treatment. Paula's no help, she indulges his every whim. 'Awwww, isn't he cute the way he lunges at your face when you try to kiss me?' Lexi has taken to perching on the back of my neck for warmth. Neck/shoulder perching is not an entirely new behaviour for her, she's done it since she was a kitten, but is was always with an eye to get access to high up places otherwise out of reach before. Now, she'll sit there for an hour. This is about warmth. Loki is more clingy too, at least at night. I guess I shouldn't be surprised about the cats and dog, it's their first (and mine) truly cold autumn... wonder what winter's going to be like. Warmer inside at least I hope with a working fireplace any day now.

Not much to report on the writing front today, I'm trying out some techniques from the UK open Uni lectures I listened to yesterday, early days yet though.

No comments:

Post a Comment