Wednesday 21 April 2010

Autumnal Splendour

I had a call out to Ross today. One of the prettiest towns it's ever been my good fortune to visit. A majority of the buildings on the main road through town are of historical interest being a concentration of some of the oldest still in use in Australia. There's an avenue of seasonal trees leading into town and at this time of year the effect is stunning. Gold and crimson mixing with the bright greens a veritable rainbow corridor welcoming you into town. Then you arrive in town to be faced with all the lovely stone buildings and English style trees you feel as though you've travelled in time and space to a town somewhere in the midlands of England in the mid 1800's or so. It almost seem incongruous to have been called there to fix a computer.

Basil is enjoying his two daily walks. He's going to absolutely love when I step it up to two walks and a jog. (In a week or so maybe...)

I've decided I'd rather just read Dantes Inferno (and maybe the rest of the divine comedy... maybe not) than listen to any more of this awful lecturer. He's pretty much decided me firmly against the idea of an Arts Degree after all, not if I have to deal with such incessant waffle. I'll keep an eye out for a copy on ebay or some such perhaps, a friend of mine said he had part of a recording of an audio book version, but doesn't know either if it's complete or where it is. I'd rather have the written form anyway. If it's half as good as it's reputation it'll earn it's place right next to my Tolkien collection in regular rotation for re-visitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment