Monday 1 February 2010

Dangling for the Dog

Woke up this morning to a phone call from one of my NSW clients. While trying to talk him through his computer difficulty, Basil was convinced I was playing with him, dangling a "play thing" tantalisingly in front... I sleep O'Naturale, and Basil being a Border Collie German Shep cross only just turned 1 year old thinks everythings a play thing. My client noticed I seemed distracted, I couldn't think of a way to describe what was going on at this end, so I said Basil needed his breakfast. (Sausage if he could get it.)

Cold again today. Tassie is going to get some getting used to.

Just put some "finishing touches" on Dream Stealers. I'll just get a friend or two to look it over, then... pause to build up courage... submit it to Aurealis (an Australian Sci-Fi/horror magazine) Big step for me, I've never submitted any of my work to an actual commercial entity before, but what's the worst that can happen? I could still be unpublished... big fat hairy deal, no change right? Well... I'm also currently unrejected... but that's silly. I know full well I'll get a whole lot more rejections than acceptances as I follow this path. Oh well, for now procrastination wins out, as I did say to at least one person he could proof read for me, so I've got to wait till I hear back from him.

No reply yet from one of my would be proof readers, but a very positive response from another one. She seems to have genuinely enjoyed the read. Very gratifying. I just want to inject a little more "colour" into it. Immerse the reader thoroughly into the whole feeling of the story.

Sold my first computer in Tassie today. Can't wait to get the stuff from the couriers so I can build and deliver it. Nothing will spread my reputation down here faster than having a few of my systems floating around.

Revision revision, and more revision. But I think I've whipped Dream Stealers into shape for submission now. Just a shame my editors are variously in the UK and USA. Thinking of changing the title back to it's original "Writer Block"

Time to go play with Basil for a while, then watch another episode of BSG (next gen)
I'm done writing for the day, my mind is feeling decidedly mushy.

No comments:

Post a Comment