Sunday 14 February 2010

Nice Day for Ducks

Cold and wet, in short, standard Moss family BBQ or beach going weather. Paula doesn't seem so keen about driving all the way to Launceston for an open air street festival toady, and I can't say I blame her.

I decided to try tilling, by hand, the first row of our proposed veggie patch today. First thing I found in the very first fork full of soil was a bone. Not sure what it's from... yet another mystery thing dug up from the backyard. It's clearly been buried for quite some time, years maybe. We've put it in a box just in case something more clearly identifiable turns up. I've done half the row now and nothing else showed up, though I think I've done something horrible to my back. I can't turn it, or lift anything without squeezing pains coming in from the sides, feels as though I'm caught in a vice.

I can't work at a keyboard for long like this. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment