Thursday 25 February 2010

Old School

I've tried a new tack today with the wall I've been hitting. Something I used to do back in my teens and twenties. Pen and paper. Old fashioned I know, but I can take them with me where ever I go. I've printed out my belt wars story in manuscript form, big margins and double spaced. Now I can see why editors like that form for submissions. Makes it very easy to spot things, and more importantly to make notes, changes in my case. I'm going to do the same for each story I have in progress and make sure I've got the paper with me at all times from now on, it's fantastically freeing.

The wood man turned up today at our door. This is the guy who provides home delivered fire wood throughout the village, very reasonable rates too. We're going to need allot of wood this winter, I was cold last night and it's still summer! Basil showed his usefulness as a ferocious guard dog... he was outside when the wood man came through the gate, but no warning, nothing, he was sitting next to the guy licking his hand (and occasionally jumping up for a playful pat) when I answered the door. He's half asleep under my desk as I type this, occasionally trying to lick (and chew) my feet, the peppermint smell of his new tick collar mingling with the faintly unwashed doggy smell he usually has.

We're having the neighbours, the ones who own the corner store/petrol station/chicken shop next door, over for a gourmet home made pizza night tomorrow night, so we need to go into lonny to pick up some more flour from the mill and mushrooms etc... Should be a good night. We plan to introduce them to some of the amazing Tasmanian soft drinks we've encountered since we came here. They don't drink, and despite being Tasmanian born and bred, they haven't tried very many of the locally produced fantastic quality soft drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment