Tuesday 9 March 2010

The Dream Stealers Conspiracy

Working on the political stealer story today I further solidified in my own head the hidden conspiracy side of the Dream Stealers. It was a fun experience playing with some of the more absurd theories bandied about by real life conspiracy nuts and confirming them as true... within the Dream Stealers world anyway. The Stealers neatly explain a whole lot of some the theories thrown about, just a shame for the conspiracy nuts out there that THEY'RE NOT REAL.

I went out to the back paddock to attack the thistles again today. I've decided to gather just as many as I can carry in one load per day, my back just wont handle more gardening than that at the moment.

Basil has taken to digging on both sides of the front path now, so the whole entrance to the house from the street now resembles a dirt track with craters on either side. A little like a relief map of Queenstown (Tasmania) if you haven't been there, photos don't do it justice, you just must visit the place, it'll turn you into a conservationist in an instant. When Paula and I first considered coming to live in Tasmania, Queenstown was one of the places we considered... until we visited the place. It'll give me inspiration for writing about mines on the lunar surface. I'm serious, it's out of this world.

I took Basil for a walk through to the other end of town today, up to the tip and back. There's an apple tree by the side of the road just past the last house, doesn't seem to belong to anyone. There are apples on the ground around it, I'm guessing they were blown off in the virtually gale force winds we've been having today. Not the kind of apples we have on our tree, which are good cooking apples, these are reddish. I think they're Fuji's or some such similar variety. I must remember to ask the nearest house if the tree is theirs or if the apples are considered communal property.

It's very cold tonight, so I'd better get to bed, it's my job to provide warmth to the felines and the female I share the bed with. Until we get our four month overdue baffle plate for our wood heater, (the land lord was supposed to have had it fitted before we even moved in back in December) I'm the best provider of heat in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment