Monday 8 March 2010

Angry Mutant Killer Thistles

Well, it seems my story following a politician in Dream Stealers World is what wanted to be written most urgently. It's a very different flavour of story to the original Stealers story which was first person, this one is in the third person and follows the later stages of a Lawrence Kilremey... well, I'd better not say any more about it here, don't want to pre publish before submission, but I suspect I may have something ready for my pre submission editorial team within the week.

The farmers who's sheep are staying next door dropped by to check on them this morning. Basil went wild. Someone in with "his" sheep. I explained to the farmer how Basil has been reacting with them there and he said he just may be a natural sheep dog. I think he may have been humouring the "city boy" but he did offer to let Basil loose on them the day he takes the sheep out of the yard. Not sure when that will be, but I know Paula will want to see it.

It was eight hour day here in Tassie today. I've never heard of it, but apparently it's what Labour day used to be called in other states (and countries) all started in Victoria over 150 years ago... but then dear reader Mr google will give you all the info you need (or want) on that subject. Just odd that it's still labeled with the original title, but then this is Tasmania and old fashioned is what we do here.

We have angry mutant killer thistles. I found a whole bunch of them all over the back of the back paddock today. They weren't there yesterday, but this morning some where fully the size of cabbages. How is it possible for a plant to grow that fast? I can't wait till we get some veggies planted if that's what's going to happen. Maybe it's only because they're weeds though, I remember someone describing a weed as the fastest growing plant in the area, that's part of what makes it a weed. Murphy's law of crops, only the weeds grow exceptionally well, everything else needs encouragement and constant attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment