Saturday 30 January 2010

The First Day (of the rest of my life?)

Woke up this morning to the usual sounds of scratching by Basil (our "German Border" one year old puppy.) This of course resulted in my lovely wife letting him out and Lexi (our eldest fur baby, a Ragdoll cat) walking on my head informing me it was time to arise.

After the required second cup of coffee to restore the blood content to their proper levels in my caffeine stream, I set out to start (restart, kinda...) my writing career.

While casting about procrastinating, downloading the latest version of OpenOffice.org etc... I stumbled across "Writing Science Fiction and Fantasy", an online writers course for aspiring scribblers such as myself by Jeffry A Carver.

Went out into the backyard/paddock and pulled up a couple more thistles, played with Basil for a while.

I've started the course and will apply it to a story I wrote (and am now re-writing) back in 1987, 1989, well some time around then.

Loki (our other Ragdoll) has been watered (he insists on only drinking directly from the tap) and now Lexi is walking in front of me as I type. It's her way of telling me it's time for bed.

I've made a start on the writing today. Only about 500 words so far, I've re-organised them a bunch of times though, and I'm well and truly out of practice. More on the morrow with a fresh mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment